Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back Home

After a long 30 hours of traveling on the way home, I made it. I didnt think i'd have a whole lot of culture shock, since i didnt really have any when i went to africa... ha. Just shows how much i know. Lets just start with the snow that was on the ground when i stepped outside the airport, and then yelling at dad that there was a car coming at us, when he was, in fact, on the CORRECT side of the road. Then i step in my room and look around at the palace i live in. my room is REALLY cool. i cant believe i never realized it, and then i turn and try to ignore the fact that i bought a tv before a left for my bedroom... and i havent hardly watched any in the last 2 months (or missed it even) as i look into my closet, basically pouring into my room- with only my WINTER wardrobe!? i have so much.. so much that i dont really need. and so much that i've taken for granted.

Today i went back to work. I was kinda dreading it... ok, i was really dreading it, and kinda wondering if i still remembered how to do my job. The drive to work didnt really help things either, since the sky felt like a ceiling, only about 30 feet above me the whole way. I hadn't seen sunshine since i'd been home, and i'd easily gotten used to the huge african skies. everyone says the skies there are big. they arent kidding. they are ginormous, and amazing and beautiful... and i get home and dont even see the sun! yuck. but then i got to work, and my clients were excited to hear about my trip adn i was excited to talk about my trip (and to have an easy conversation starter =)) and then it was already time for lunch and then the sun came out... and things just got better.

Its nice to be home, to drink water out of the tap and to have my guitar back, and especially to see all the people i love. Now im just trying to find the happy medium between the person i was when i left and the person i became while i was there. God definitely has given me a heart for missions, and showed me soo much about myself and my life, and what He may want for me in the future- or atleast that He's got big plans for, its pretty exciting. =)

Thank you all for following my blog while i was gone. All of the prayers were definitely felt, in my quick adjustment, strong relationships and incredible experiences, plus many other things, and i feel very humbled to have soo sooo many people care so much about the work that i was doing. So now some more pictures from my last couple weeks. I'll post some photos, then also links to my facebook albums that have even more pictures... enjoy! =)

love,
~erika

No comments:

Post a Comment